Eh? I only put out one sample…
EDIT: OH, the OTHER fef thing………….. THEY’RE DIFFERENT SONGS…. I don’t really want to finish the other one
I might do something with the melody and chords though, just not something with guitars again
I was working on a song for squiddles and I accidentally composed this
then I renamed it fuck you squidward.mp3 and sang over it
NO I DIDNT EVEN TRY PUTTING IT ON THE ALBUM THAT WOULD BE STUPID
for the next 2 hours I will be answering questions IC as characters from Arthur
i made it up
edit: YOU HEAR THAT MOM??? I LIED.
I love Sollux and this is why, because it allows me to make ridiculous songs for him and get away with it
This is how I compose stuff:
0. Optional step - make a piano sketch or write an outline of the structure. I stopped doing this for a while but I find myself starting to do it more and more. Otherwise I sometimes sing out the melody for the song, just to get the idea out. Something so I know what I’m doing.
1. Place notes in FL Studio. Picking the instruments is sometimes hard. Sometimes I compose a skeleton of the whole piece starting with the melody and some basic underlying chords.
2. Add stuff that is necessary to the piece - usually something in the lower register, backing chords, and percussion.
3. Fix transitions, mix up percussion, and add random stuff that sounds cool.
- The Muffington Post is a parody of the Huffington Post
- The name of the blog shared by Francine and Muffy, called “She Said, She Said,” is a reference to a song of the same name by The Beatles.
- When Mr. Ratburn says “FUCK I’M BEING ABSORBED BY THE BLOGOSPHERE YOU HAVE TO SAVE ME BUSTER” it’s a reference to my life.
pink polly pocket pony princess playset
no, because I just got a haircut
I’ve made more than 100 complete songs since I joined the HS music team. Not sure on the exact number.
58 (?) of these have been on Homestuck albums.
I’ve made 2 songs for non-official Homestuck albums. Clearly more if you count The Baby is You, which I didn’t.
2 of these tracks will be on the next album.
And the rest are old, obsolete (I remade the idea for the song in a completely different way), unrelated to HS, or I need to polish them (got at least 8 tracks that are shoe-ins if I fix ‘em!)
For some reason I have more ideas for songs now than ever.